Music of all sorts plays a big part in the life of All Hallows. The acoustics of our main hall are superb and many musicians have commented on how good they sound when they play at All Hallows! It is a brilliant music venue. Here are some music “things” that happen or have happened recently:
- Sunday worship – music is usually led by our own Catherine Hicks with support from other musicians and singers in the congregation. Besides a mini grand piano we are often supported by percussion from the children. There are many good singers in the church and many of them take it in turns to help with cantoring in the service or singing with Catherine. When not making music at All Hallows, Catherine may be found singing with the Leeds Philharmonic Chorus or playing with the Leeds Symphony Orchestra.
- Live at All Hallows – Live at All Hallows is run by a group of church members who love folk orientated music that has something to say. They have invited some amazing established and up-and-coming musicians who have always sounded great in our hall. Gigs include a bar! More details about Live at Hallows gigs can be found on the EventBrite site, on the Live Facebook pages or on this website.
- Rock Choir – we have a Rock Choir that meets every Tuesday evening from 8pm-9:30pm. Rock Choir pioneered the NO AUDITION and NO NEED TO READ MUSIC approach, and now people all over the UK are enjoying its magical mix of fun, friendship and community spirit. Why not come along and join in!
- Sacred Wing – a group of some of the members of the Gay Abandon choir and some members of the congregation of All Hallows who like to sing sacred music came together to form a choir. Their main performance is at All Hallows each year just before Christmas. For details of their next performance see their Facebook page.
- Pearl of Africa Children’s Choir – more about this stunning concert and a short video of them on this post.
If you would like to hire out All Hallows for a music event please contact us at AH Community Project giving your contact details and someone will get back to you.