We are having another work morning on Saturday 7th July – this time concentrating on the church grounds though there will be some inside jobs for those who want to keep out of the sun. This will be followed by a BBQ at lunch time.
Church will be open from about 8:30am, do come along and join us for as little or as long as you wish and if you are able to bring something for the BBQ that would be appreciated.
A huge thank you to all of you who came down to the work morning at church and helped with the cleaning and tidying. Special mentions must go to:
– Toby “toilet” Parsons who got down on his hands and knees and did a job that not many of us would want to do and scrubbed the floor and walls in the “gents” toilets. There will be guided tours!
– Andrea, who did a similar job in the ladies, but of course the ladies were a much more pleasant place to start off with!
– Spiderwoman Dote who fought valiantly with her extendable feather duster against the power or the web
– Graham, who mended chairs, cleaned places that we never look and windows that we rarely look through yet made the place feel so much cleaner
– and everyone else who cut grass, cleaned pavements, decluttered, brushed, dusted, washed, scrubbed, hammered, rearranged, played, ate and supported. Our building looks much tidier and cleaner.
The Headless Window Cleaner
Graham and the Art of Chair Maintenance
A well earned lunch
We are having a work morning on Saturday 16th June to give the church a good clean and tidy along with some gardening and maintenance jobs. This will be followed by a BBQ at lunch time. If you have any feather dusters that can be tied onto long sticks to clean high up please bring them along – or if you have a working Harry Potter broomstick that would help you reach those high up dusty corners!
Church will be open from about 8am, do come along and join us for as little or as long as you wish and if you are able to bring something for the BBQ that would be appreciated.
A huge thank you to all of you who came and helped with the work morning (and BBQ) on Saturday. A HUGE amount of clearing out and tidying up was done and things look so much tidier. I was so busy that I forgot to take photos except for a few in the basement where Joseph, Mary , a cow and a donkey saw the light of day for first time in a few years – and in the middle of summer! If anyone knows more about the history of these figures please let me know.
Joseph and Mary
Cow and donkey
We are having a work morning to continue clearing out rubbish, tidy up and clean the church. Tasks will include:
– re-organising the basement
– finishing tidying the chapel after the “free shop”
– transporting rubbish to the tip
– clearing the back yard
– picking fruit
– cleaning the BBQs
– having a BBQ
– plus many other jobs
Do come along and join us for as little or as long as you wish and if you are able to bring something for the BBQ that would be appreciated.
A huge thank you to those who helped at the work morning this morning. As Heston said, we were spring cleaning but also doing some other jobs around the church including:
Helen tidying and reading the complete church library!
Steve and Paul made a bed!
- Heston tidying the memorial Garden
- Hannah cleaning the windows
- Danny made cups of tea
- and everyone getting involved in dusting, vacuuming, tidying and clearing cupboards, polishing, removing wax from the carpet, mopping and so many other jobs.
Things are looking so much neater, cleaner and tidier! We finished our time off together with a much needed shared lunch.
All Hallows’ work morning
Saturday 14th February from 9am
followed by shared lunch.
Why not come and join us?
There will be loads of jobs to join in with from gardening, painting the entrance porch, tidying the grounds and church and enjoying each other’s company.
It was a very windy morning this morning with the winds gusting gale force so there was little point in trying to do much work outside so our focus was inside including:
- cleaning the entrance walls and filling holes – hopefully we will be able to repaint it soon
- cleaning and tidying the cafe cupboard and putting in some new shelves
- cleaning the cooker hood and it’s filter – the filter proved to be too old and dirty so we will have to get a new one
- tidying the children’s room – perhaps the less said about that room the better but it looks fantastic now!
I spent a few minutes in the basement clearing some “stuff” in preparation for putting up some new shelves in the next few weeks. I thought I had seen everything that we had in the basement but tucked behind some existing shelves I found the following:
So now I want to know more about George Temple! If anyone has any information do please get in touch.
A huge, huge thank you to all those who came down to church this morning and lunch time to help clean and tidy and repair. We made a huge impact on the jobs, especially in the basement and the vicarage garden. Jonathan and Dan dug up some potatoes from the garden for us for lunch and by early afternoon we were all ready to drop!
A special thank you and a very warm welcome to the Rev Dan Woodhouse who is the new Methodist minister in the Leeds Headingley and West Circuit which includes our neighbours at Hyde Park Methodist Church. We hope that he settles in well and I am sure we will see a lot more of him.
All Hallows’ work morning
Saturday 20th September from 9am
followed by shared lunch or barbeque.
Why not come and join us?
There will be loads of jobs to join in with from gardening, cleaning the porch, tidying the basement and enjoying each other’s company.