A huge thank you to the “work crew” who helped to achieve so much on Saturday morning. Loads of jobs were done including:
- The memorial garden looks amazing mainly due, I think, to “Farmer” Dave with a little help from his parents and sister!
- Pippa, fresh back from Australia and Holyrood house, attacked the bush with vigour – it looks like there is now room to park extra cars!
- Repairs to the window grill
- Cleaning the weeds from the paving slabs at the front and of the church (Burj et al)
- Litter picking (“Farmer” Dave got quite good at using the litter picker tongs)
- Grass cutting
- Church cleaning (thank you Catherine)
- Bid writing (Jan and Rachel)
- Gardening and child minding (Tony and Joanne)
- and lots of other jobs and people – I didn’t keep an eye on everyone so I can’t record you all!
We also had plenty of time to chat and had a great barbeque with a brief but welcome appearance from Rev Steve over the fence – we wish him a speedy recovery.
So, apologies if I missed your name or the job you did from the list. You are an amazing lot and I hope you enjoyed the morning.