If you have a new cough OR high temperature — irrespective of whether you have travelled or not…
- Do NOT go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital (to prevent putting other people at risk).
- STAY at home and self isolate for 7 days (in other words, don’t go out, don’t socialise, get someone else to do shopping and leave it outside your door etc)
- Click the Corona virus website tool to get more advice for you.
- If you don’t have internet, then Call 111 — they have a dedicated corona virus service (it’s a few simple questions and then tells you what to do).
- If you feel you have serious symptoms (like shortness of breath) that cannot be self-managed at home, please click the Corona Virus Help Tool or Call 111.
- The Corona Virus Help Tool is currently quicker than trying the Call 111 line.
- Do NOT shake hands with or embrace other people – avoiding physical contact reduces the risk of transmitting the virus
- We recommend that anyone who is elderly (age 80 and over), anyone who is frail and those with known medical conditions like lung, kidney and heart conditions stay at home to minimise the risk of catching the virus. Phone or text someone in the congregation to let us know and we will remember you in our meeting
- Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly before and after meeting with people. See this video for guidance.