In line with other churches throughout the UK All Hallows will not be holding services in the church building for the foreseeable future. Most events in the building have been cancelled.
Rainbow Junktion will continue to operate by preparing and distributing meals for those in need but food will only be available on a “take out” or delivery basis.
Heston has become a virtual vicar, he will continue to be available via phone, email, video link and possibly even tin cans and string if necessary! We are all encouraged to light a candle and pray together at 7pm each evening in an act of prayer solidarity. If you wouldd like some online prompting / guidance as you pray, here are a few good websites and apps:
- Pray as you go – Jesuit daily prayer with readings and music and short reflection. Takes about 10 minutes.
- Time to Pray – CofE daily prayer which is very easy and calming.
- #livelent – daily action, prayer and bible reading for Lent – with ideas for individuals and family.
- Headspace – 10 minutes daily silence/ meditation
- Facebook – we will blast the All Hallows Facebook page with hopeful positive beautiful wise wonderful things in the days and weeks ahead.
Here is the Prayer for a Pandemic we prayed last Sunday:
May we who are merely inconvenienced
Remember those whose lives are at stake.
May we who have no risk factors
Remember those most vulnerable.
May we who have the luxury of working from home
Remember those who must choose between preserving their health or making their rent.
May we who have the flexibility to care for our children when their schools close
Remember those who have no options.
May we who have to cancel our trips
Remember those that have no safe place to go.
May we who are losing our margin money in the tumult of the economic market
Remember those who have no margin at all.
May we who settle in for a quarantine at home
Remember those who have no home.
As fear grips our country,
let us choose love.
During this time when we cannot physically wrap our arms around each other,
Let us yet find ways to be the loving embrace of God to our neighbours.